Hilo's Favorite Cacao Farm & Chocolate Factory Tour
Every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Our “Tree-to-Bar” chocolate experience at our Hilo farm on the Big Island of Hawai’i.
Admission: Adults $20, Kids 10 & under $10 ($3 discount for Kamaʻāina, Military, and Seniors)
Learn how chocolate is made from tree-to-bar!
- A real production farm where we harvest cacao and thousands of pounds of bananas.
- One of the oldest cacao orchards in the state of Hawaii.
- Taste a ripe chocolate fruit fresh from the cacao pod.
- Chocolate and seasonal tropical fruit tasting.
- Our factory and cafe is conveniently located in downtown Hilo at 160 Kilauea Avenue.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
- We grow 100% of the cacao and its 100% manufactured in Hilo – That makes it 200% Hawaiian Chocolate!
- We are listed as Trip Advisor’s Travellers Choice due to our great reviews!
What you need to know…
- Advance reservations are required. Click here to reserve your seat.
- THE TOUR STARTS AT THE FARM. The address will be emailed to you after booking the tour.
- Our farm is located on Big Island’s east side, 2.5 miles north from Hilo.
- Two person minimum for the tour. Single persons may sign up if there is an existing booked tour.
- We are on the wet side of the island where cacao thrives, so tours are operated rain or shine.
- Additional times and days may be available for Group Bookings. Contact us for more details.
- Join us for an authentic tree to bar experience!
Arrive at our farm 10 minutes before the start of the tour. Our friendly guide will walk you through our plantation to touch and taste our Hawaii grown cacao. Our 110 acre farm is home to 1,200+ cacao trees inter-planted with tangy apple banana. Our farm has a spectacular view of Hilo Bay, where you might see whales breaching or outrigger canoes racing. At the farm you will learn about cacao’s life cycle, harvest, fermentation, drying, and flavor creation.
The 2nd half of the tour takes place at our factory in downtown Hilo. Here you will see how our cacao beans are transformed into decadent chocolate. You’ll learn about the machinery we use to stone grind, temper, and hand mold our chocolates. Sample our cacao beans, apple bananas and chocolate products. You will have the opportunity to stock up on gifts for friends and fellow chocolate lovers.
- Please plan to arrive at the farm 10 minutes prior to the tour start time.
- The weather in Hilo can change dramatically so bring an umbrella or raincoat if it seems to be rainy. The tour will be held on rain or shine.
- This is a walking tour of a commercial farm where guests must walk on uneven terrain between the trees. We are outdoors & exposed to quickly changing weather.
- Wear light long clothing if you are bothered by mosquitoes. Wearing repellent is recommended as well.
- There is no charge for reservations cancelled prior to 48 hours (2 days) before the reserved tour date.
- Any cancellations within 48- 24 hours will be accessed a 50% tour charge per person.
- Cancellations made day of tour will be non-refundable.
Prioritizing Safety During COVID-19
- The maximum number of guests per tour is 9 people.
- All of our guests are required to wear a mask / face covering during the duration of the tour.
- If you are feeling sick, have a fever, or sore throat please do not participate in the tour.
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distancing with other tour guests.
- The farm and factory tour will be conducted outdoors and covered outside seating areas.
- A maximum of 2 customers are allowed in our gift shop at any given time.
- If you would prefer a private tour for your group please contact us. We can make it happen.
- Mahalo for keeping our customers and employees safe!